- Preventive Maintenance - Services to be performed
SchagrinGAS Company's preventative maintenance procedure includes the following services:
- Lube oil and filter change
- Fuel filter change
- 50 pt. Checklist
- Emergency system operation with building load: If possible during regular business hours
- Check paralleling equipment operation
- Engine tune-up with parts as needed
- Load bank testing
- Length of Contract
This agreement will remain in effect for one year from original invoice date and will be self-renewing at the prevailing rates, terms, and conditions in the current service contract. Either party upon 30 days written notice, may cancel this agreement.
To keep the SchagrinGas Service Contract in effect a customer must pay for all gas, parts, labor, and other chargeable items, when due and not permit anyone other than a SchagrinGas authorized service technician to render service to the covered equipment. No refunds will be given on premature termination.
SchagrinGAS Company performs a 50 point Checklist during the Annual Preventative Maintenance. Not all items apply to all generators. Parts marked with * are inspected or replaced at no additional charge.
- Supply/transfer pump operation
- Solenoid valve operation
- Flexible hose & connections
- Gas piping
- Fuel strainer
- Injection pump lines
- *Fuel filter(s)
- Oil Level
- *Oil change
- Oil leaks
- Crankcase oil heater
- Crankcase breather
- *Oil filter(s)
- General inspection
- Brush condition & slip rings
- Rotor & stator
- Voltage regolator
- Battery voltage
- Electrolyte level
- Terminals clean & tight
- Charge rate
- Load test for 10 seconds
- Battery charger (if applicable)
- General condition
- *Air filter
- Ignition system: plugs, coil, etc.
- Choke & carburetor settings
- Turbocharger rotation & end play
- *Spark plugs
- Loose wires
- PC boards
- Tighten controls
- Wire chafing
- Operation of switch & rack solenoid
- PC Boards
- Coolant level
- *Antifreeze protection level
- Fan & alternator belts
- Flexible hoses & connections
- Water pump
- Louver, motor & controls
- Coolant Leaks
After each inspection, the customer will be furnished with a written report detailing any conditions found and advising further service required, if any, to assure operating dependability of the equipment under contract.
- Service Coverage
Service under this agreement does not include labor or parts needed due to malfunction or because of an Act of God, fire, water damage, or other abnormal occurrences including:
- This is a thorough inspection and reporting service. It is intended to replace the Customer's regular preventative maintenance program, except for daily and weekly inspections and battery maintenance by the customer. Insofar and practical, SchagrinGAS Co. shall maintain a complete service history and necessary drawings and service procedure data for reference and service of the equipment. It is agreed that this contract covers only those items as outlined above and that it does not include any expense to repair damage caused by abuse, accident, theft, acts of a third party, forces of nature, alterations of equipment, or improper operation.
This contract may be terminated at any time by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice prior to the start of service or other notice as required by law. No claim for damages shall arise against either party on account of such termination.
- There are no warranties of any kind expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability, design for a particular purpose, or any warranty of reliability.
- It is understood and agreed upon that this service will consist of ? maintenance service calls over a twelve month period. The initial service call will be: ? (month)
Acceptance does not obligate SchagrinGAS Company for secondary damages, malfunction, or failure to render service or provide parts due to situations beyond our control.
You can assign the product coverage to another person by notifying SchagrinGAS in writing and enclosing a check for $10.00 to cover processing and administration costs. Mail your notice to the address listed on front. The coverage will become effective when SchagrinGAS receives your written notice and check.
This agreement will remain in effect for one year from original invoice date, and will be self-renewing at prevailing rates, terms, and conditions in the current service plan. Either party upon 30 days written notice may cancel this agreement.
To keep the SchargrinGAS Residential Service Plan in effect, a customer must pay for all gas, parts, labor, and other chargeable items when due, and not permit anyone other than a SchagrinGAS authorized service technician to render to the covered equipment. No refunds will be given on premature termination.